Sunday, September 9, 2012

Standing on the Bimah with a Wonderful Partner ...

I often say that I am the luckiest Rabbi in the world ... and I mean it.  Tonight was another example of being at a great place in my life with great people. 

When a Rabbi retires from a congregation, they sometimes "disappear" to give the new Rabbi "space" to establish themselves within their new community ... tonight, I am particularly thankful that Rabbi Shapiro accepted my invitation to lead S'lichot services with me. 

A consummate gentleman, he has been nothing but supportive of my rabbinate here in West Palm Beach.  More importantly, I believe the two of us leading services together was a wonderful showing of continuity here at Temple Israel ... and so, as we begin the new year together, my prayer for our entire Temple Israel community is that we all can continue to learn from him, and with him, for many years to come.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment