Friday, July 20, 2012

True Sadness When I (Finally) Turned on the TV Tonight ...

When I moved into the condominium I am renting, I was told by the Association management that the unit came with internet included but not cable.  It's been three weeks without my usual background noise of news and comedies. 

Tonight, for some reason, I decided to turn the TV on to see what happened ... and the darn thing works ... apparently I DO get (at least some) cable channels included!  Three weeks of news except what I searched out intentionally ... is this a good discovery or not that I actually DO have access to live television?   Hmmmm. 

I completely missed this week's shooting spree in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  I found out about the terrorism in Bulgaria via Facebook when people offered their prayers for the victims and their families.  I heard about the tragedy in Colorado hours after everyone else.

How much do we really need instant news?  Was my life lessened or enriched by the delay or is there really no difference?  Only time will tell.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment